Daily Devotions | Bible Reading Plans
BIBLE READING PLANS
New Testament In A YearRead the New Testament from start to finish, from Matthew to Revelation.
Old | New TestamentEach day includes a passage from both the Old Testament and New Testament.
M’Cheyne Bible Reading PlanThe classic M'Cheyne plan--read the Old Testament, New Testament, and Psalms or Gospels every day.
Proverbs MonthlyRead through the book of Proverbs every month of the year.
Verse of the DayA daily inspirational and encouraging Bible verse.
40-DAY Personal Growth Reading40 daily Scripture readings that illustrate the character of God and the nature of faith.
21-DAY Daniel Fast PlanBible Reading Plan suitable for 21-Day consecration
Readings for Celebrating ChristmasScripture passages that focus on the meaning of Advent and Christmas.
Readings for EasterShort readings from the Bible that focus on the meaning and events of Easter.
HOW TO GET THE MOST OUT OF YOUR BIBLE READING DEVOTIONS
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- A modern English translation such as New International Version (NIV), New King James Version, New Living Translation, English Standard Version, and New American Standard Bible (NASB) is easy to understand.
- The above Bible Readings can be read directly from our website.
- Bible App from YouVersion loaded to your Smart Phone or Tablet. This is preferable since it’s convenient to carry with you everywhere, anytime. See below to download the YouVersion Bible App, if you don't have it.*
HOW TO DO IT
- Read your selected Bible passage. Perhaps reread it to get a better feel for it. Make sure you have a good grasp of the situation, context, and basic ideas in it.
- Begin walking through the questions below, asking them to yourself as you reread the passage.
As you read the Bible, use the S.P.A.C.E.P.E.T.S. Method of Bible Study below to hear from God. In the Bible passage, look for and answer these questions…
Sin to confess?
Do I need to ask for forgiveness from God, anyone or make any restitution?
Promise to claim?
Is it a universal promise or a conditional promise? Have I met the condition(s)?
Attitude to change?
Am I willing to work on a negative attitude and begin building toward a positive one?
Command to obey?
Am I willing to practice God's commands no matter how I feel?
Example to follow?
Is it a positive example for me to copy or a negative one to avoid?
Prayer to pray?
Is there anything I need to pray back to God?
Error to avoid?
Is there any problem that I should be alert to, or beware of?
Truth to believe?
What new things can I learn about God the Father, Jesus Christ, the Holy Spirit, or the other biblical teachings?
Something to praise God for? Is there something here I can be thankful for?
Pray the Bible verse or passage back to God.
Put the Bible verse or passage into the first person singular, turn it into prayer, and pray it back to God.